Pharma Data Protection Website Privacy Notice
This Website Privacy Notice was last updated: 24.01.2023
This Website Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how Pharma Data Protection SARL (“PDP,” “we,” “our,” “us”) collects, uses, and discloses certain personal information obtained through our website (“Site”), which is located at www.pharmadataprotection.com. By visiting our Site and/or using the features made available to you on the Site, you are agreeing to the terms of this Notice.
This Notice applies only to information collected through the Site and therefore does not apply to data we collect in other contexts.
Table of Contents
- Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- How We Use Your Information
- To Whom We Disclose Your Information
- How We Secure Your Information
- How We Retain Your Information
- Information Regarding Children
- Jurisdiction Specific Rights
- International Users
- External Links
- Updates to this Privacy Notice
- Questions and Contact Use
1. Information We Collect and How We Collect It
1.1 Information You Provide Us
When you visit the Site, you can choose to submit information that identifies, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with you (“Personal Information”). By using certain features on the Site, you may be required to provide Personal Information. Such information might include, for example, your name, email address, phone number., or other Personal Information. We may also collect “comments” or “message” that you submit through our contact forms.
1.2 Information We Automatically Collect
A Cookie is a small piece of text that is placed on your website browser when you visit a website. These include our own first-party Cookies as well as third-party Cookies of our service providers and marketing partners. Some Cookies are only stored temporarily and destroyed each time you close your web browser. Our website also uses persistent Cookies, which do not delete when you close your browser and may collect and store data for a set period of time after you’ve left our website. You can find out more about Cookies in general and how they work at Cookiepedia.
- Website Operation. Cookies help us run our website securely and enable basic functions like page navigation.
- Advertisements. Cookies allow us to deliver specific information that is meaningful to you. Our third party advertising partners may use the Cookies to build a profile of your interests, deliver relevant advertising on other sites, and measure the efficiency of the advertisements.
How to Manage Cookies. If you wish to prevent Cookies from tracking your activity on our website or visits across multiple websites, you can set your browser to block certain Cookies or notify you when a Cookie is set. If you block Cookies, certain features on our website may not work. For more information on how you can customize your browser’s Cookie setting please visit the link to your web browser below:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
We are not responsible for the completeness, effectiveness, or accuracy of any third party opt-out options or programs.
Web log data. When you use the Site, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or other device) and your browser. This may include such data as your IP address and domain name, the pages you visit on the Site, the date and time of your visit, the files that you download, the URLs from the websites you visit before and after navigating to the Site, your software and hardware attributes (including device IDs), your general geographic location (e.g., your city, state, or metropolitan region), and certain cookie information (see above). To obtain such information, we may use web logs or applications that recognize your computer and gather information about its online activity.
2. How We Use Your Information
- We use the information we collect through the Site for a variety of purposes as required or permitted by law; that we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary; or to manage our business.
These purposes include:
- Responding to your questions or requests concerning the Site or our business;
- Fulfilling your requests for information that you initiate;
- Sending you information about our business and other topics that are likely to be of interest to you, including newsletters, updates, or other communications;
- Improving your user experience;
- Complying with legal and/or regulatory requirements;
- Advertising PDP on third-party websites and applications.
In addition to the purposes above, we use the information that we collect automatically through the Site for such purposes as:
- Counting and recognizing visitors to the Site;
- Analysing how visitors use the Site and various Site features;
- Improving the Site and enhancing users’ experiences with the Site;
- Enabling additional website analytics and research concerning the Site.
We may link information gathered through the Site with information that we collect in other contexts. But in that event, we will handle the combined information in a manner consistent with this Notice.
3. To Whom We Disclose Your Information
We share your information with other parties for a variety of purposes, as described below.
Your web browser may allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services. There is no consensus as to what these “Do Not Track” signals mean, or how to respond to them. Our Site currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information about “Do Not Track,” please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Third-party service providers. PDP uses third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, including web-hosting companies, cloud services providers, mailing vendors, and analytics providers. These service providers may collect and/or use your information, including information that identifies you personally, to assist us in achieving the purposes discussed above.
We may share your information with other third parties when necessary to fulfil your requests for information; to process your application for employment; or to manage our business.
Legal purposes. We also may use or share your information with third parties when we believe, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- To comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, or other legal process;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
- To facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
Aggregated information. From time to time, PDP may also share aggregated information about Site users. Such aggregated information will not identify you personally.
Choice. You may opt out of receiving alert emails from us by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at email@example.com.
4. How We Secure Your Information
We employ appropriate and reasonable security measures as required by relevant law to safeguard the personal information we collect online. However, no website is 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Site or to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk. We recommend that you help us keep your information safe by taking reasonable steps, such as not disclosing sensitive personal information in places that can be accessed publicly.
5. How We Retain Your Information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, PDP will retain your personal information only for as long as the company believes it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purpose of meeting any legal, accounting, or other reporting requirements or obligations.
6. Information Regarding Children
Content on this Site is directed at individuals over the age of 18 and is not directed at children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have collected information from a child under 16 years old, we will delete such information from our records. If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe your child has given us information and you did not provide consent, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
7. Specific Rights
Depending on your normal place of residence, you have certain rights as a Data Subject. These may include the following:
The Right to Access. You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The Right to Rectification. You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request we complete information you believe is incomplete.
The Right to Erasure. Under certain conditions, you have the right to request that your personal data be erased.
The Right to Restrict Processing. Under certain conditions, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
The Right to Object to Processing. Under certain conditions, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
The Right to Data Portability. Under certain conditions, you have the right to request we transfer the Personal Information that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you.
How to Exercise these Rights. To make a request to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the information below. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. We may require you to verify your identity before we may respond to you. Although we urge you to contact us to find a solution for every concern you may have, you always have the right to lodge a complaint with your data supervisory authority.
You may contact us at:
- By email at email@example.com;
- Or in writing to Pharma Data Protection SARL, 1 La Cour, 50210 Belval, France, for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.
Transfers to Other Countries Outside the EU. PDP is based in France. We do not transfer Personal Information outside the EU, with the exception of the United Kingdom which has an adequacy decision (i.e. accepted by the European Commission as having satisfactory data privacy laws consistent with those in the EU).
8. International Users
The information that we collect through or in connection with the Site is transferred to and processed in France for the purposes described above. PDP also may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, affiliates or third parties in the United Kingdom. By using the Site or by providing any personal or other information to us, you expressly consent to such transfer and processing.
9. External Links
10. Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may make changes to the Site in the future and as a consequence will need to revise this Notice to reflect those changes. If we make a material change to the Notice, the new Notice will appear on our website together with the update date.
11. Questions and Contact Us
Should you have any questions or concerns about this Notice, you can contact us at By email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or in writing to Pharma Data Protection SARL, 1 La Cour, 50210 Belval, France, for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.